Self-catering information Back to Accommodation Page
This accommodation is fully equipped for self-catering with all the following being provided: weber, fridge/freezer, microwave, stove, TV, cutlery, crockery, linen and towels. Wood and braziers will be provided on request but guests must bring their own charcoal if they wish to braai.
Dabchick & Swallow
Downstairs accommodation, the Dabchick and Swallow, sleep two i.e. double bed – one bedroom en suite shower and toilet. The Dabchick and Swallow have verandahs overlooking the river and come with webers if you want to have a braai on the verandah. Bedrooms have bay windows overlooking the view. Accommodation is cosy, attractive and comfortable and suitable for a couple only.
Upstairs accommodation, the Starling has a spacious enclosed verandah leading onto a deck overlooking the river. There are camp chairs and a weber to use on the deck for a braai where it is lovely to sit and have a sundowner. The Starling sleeps 5 i.e. a master bedroom with a double bed, a spare room with two single beds and an extra bed in the spacious lounge. Additional beds can be added to the lounge if required. It has a dining room, which seats six, and a kitchen. The garage is situated underneath the Starling and has a door leading into the Starling staircase up to the verandah.
Upstairs accommodation, the Hadeda has an outside verandah overlooking the river where it is lovely to sit and have a sundowner or braai in the weber supplied. It can sleep 7 in two bedrooms with two single beds in each bedroom, along with bunk beds in the one bedroom and an extra bed in the lounge. The garage is situated underneath the Hadeda and leads into the Hadeda Staircase up to the lounge.
- the flats are serviced daily and the dishes washed – except on Public Holiday and Sundays, there will be no servicing
- laundry is available at a charge of R25 per kg
- irons and ironing boards are available on request
- all the units have fans, heaters and mosquito nets
- complimentary coffee, tea and homemade rusks or biscuits
- secure parking
- menus are available in each unit for light meals - if dinners are required we provide home cooked meals of the day and good notice should be given if dinners are required