For Those Who Want a Country Experience
Hills & Dales is suitable for
- Romantic get-aways or some timeout with your partner
- Overnight accommodation, for travelers from Lanseria Airport, shuttle services are available @ R75 per way
- Visiting business people looking for accommodation in the countryside, away from the hustle and bustle of town
- Guests looking for a break away from city life but not wanting to travel too far from Johannesburg
- Guests wanting a base to travel from to visit i.e. The Cradle of Humankind, Sterkfontein and Wonder Caves, Hartbeespoort Dam, Rhino and Lion Park, Lion Park, Maropeng, and many other places of interest
- Party/office groups, golf tour groups, bachelor parties, hen parties, birthday parties, school reunions, family reunions, and the like
- People want to add a Sheer Bliss massage to their stay for a couple of hours of Utter Relaxation. Treat your partner or double up for a Couples Massage.
- Brainstorming sessions for companies wanting to get out into the country away from city life and refresh
- Birders – we have an amazing variety of birds
- Guests want to bring their small pets. We have three pet-friendly Units only. Pets should be small to medium, neutered or spade, and non-aggressive. There are some types of dogs we do not accommodate i.e. border collies due to the nature of their hair loss.
Hills & Dales is NOT suitable for
- People who are not animal friendly. We have resident two old small Jack Russells, two boisterous medium sized rescues and three cats, one of which is a black cat.
- Corporate people who want a Monte Casino Hotel type experience! We are NOT a hotel and do not have a bar or a restaurant.
- People who are terrified of spiders and insects. We are in the country and experience all these things as well as the odd snake. Our rooms are clean and neat but we cannot prevent the odd insect from coming inside through the window.
- Wheelchair guests as too many steps, hills and dales.
- People who do not like the Swallows and Sparrows nesting in the passageways or a bit of peeling paint. We have recently repainted so are looking pretty smart but it is an ongoing process of maintenance projects which, we do our best to keep up with.
- Drinking, partying and playing loud music in the accommodation units. We want peace and quiet in the accommodation units where we may have other guests nearby that need to be considered. We have pool areas where you can go to and play music softly and get together.
- People who are looking for a children’s amusement park.
- We are not child friendly and guests do need to watch their children as we have lots of unprotected water and are situated on rolling and undulating land.
- People who want pub or restaurant facilities with all the bells and whistles!
- Travellers who do not want to travel on 600 metres of dirt road.